- What is the Babylon Town Chamber of Commerce (BTCC)?
The Babylon Town Chamber of Commerce is incorporated as a
501(c)(6) not-for-profit corporation under the laws of New York
State and, as such, will observe all local, state and federal
laws, which apply.
The Babylon Town Chamber of Commerce is organized to advance the general
welfare and prosperity of the Babylon Town Area so that its citizens and
all areas of its business community shall prosper.
All necessary means
of promotion shall be provided and particular attention and emphasis
shall be given to the economic, civic, commercial, cultural, industrial
and educational interests of the area.
For more details on the BTCC check out our By-Laws on the tab
- Is the Babylon Town
Chamber of Commerce (BTCC) a
- No, the BTCC is a non-profit
corporation that operates government contracts and raises funds
- What area does the
Chamber of Commerce (BTCC) cover?
- The Babylon Town Chamber of Commerce's area
is the same as the Babylon Townships area and includes the communities
of Amityville Village, Babylon Village, Copiague, Captree, Deer Park,
East Farmingdale, Gilgo, Lindenhurst Village, North Amityville, North
Babylon, North Lindenhurst, Oak Beach, West Babylon, Wheatley Heights,
- Must I be a member of the Babylon Town
Chamber to attend a meeting?
- Attendance at any General
Meeting of the Babylon Town Chamber of Commerce is open to the
community to attend.
- Your membership dues help to
defray costs incurred by the chamber to function.
- What is considered a General Meeting of
- The Evening Monthly Meeting
on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
- This meeting includes a
meet and greet at 6:00 PM with a dinner meeting at 7:00 PM.
- We normally have speakers
to talk about items of interest to chamber.
- A quick reporting of the
BTCC's Happening during the past month is presented.
- The Morning Breakfast
Networking Meetings on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month.
- The Afternoon Networking
Meetings that are being scheduled as we speak.
- Is there a fee to attend a General
Meeting of the BTCC?
- The only cost to those
attending a General Meeting is what is collected for the meal
- What is considered a BTCC
- Any other meeting, or function
that is not a General Meeting is considered a BTCC Event.
- Can non-members
attend BTCC events?
- Yes. However, non-members typically pay a higher
registration fee to attend.
- This may include "After Hour Networking Meetings"
and other "Special Events" sponsored by the chamber.
- Can the Chamber
sponsor my event or donate money to my cause?
- We traditionally only support and promote events
that are sponsored by the Chamber or its membership.
- Why should I join the BTCC?
- The BTCC is a regional chamber
and supports and serves businesses throughout our diverse area.
- The chamber connects members to
important community issues, and provides unique opportunities for
individuals and businesses to make a difference.
- How do I become a member of the BTCC?
- Select the "Member Services"
tab on the page at the top, bottom, or the left sidebar.
- Select "Member Application".
- This will download to
your computer .PDF version of our membership application.
- You then send us your
application with payment via the mail, fax, email or give it
to us at a meeting.
- You can pay for your
membership via check, money order, or credit card.
- Are my Chamber Dues Tax
- Membership dues may be tax
deductable as an ordinary and necessary business expense.
- Dues are not a charitable tax
deduction for Federal Income Tax purposes.
- The chamber is not a charity,
but serves as an advocate organization for area business.
- Can I get a list of the BTCC
- It is the policy of the BTCC
not to distribute or make public information our membership
roster to protect their privacy.
- To find out if a company is a
member, you can contact the company directly or view our
- I am having a problem with a
company within the Township of Babylon, can you help?
- The Better Business Bureau
can help you. Call them at (516) 420-1095.
- What are some other projects that the
BTCC is working on?
- Quarterly Networking Meetings
that are sponsored by our membership and other supporters.
- Job Fairs and Job Listings to
assist those that are within the Babylon Township to find jobs
in the community.
- Basic 101 Classes for small
businesses so they be assisted in developing there companies.
- A Business Expo.
- Grant writing classes.
- Ways to get alternate funding
to assist local business maintain and develop their businesses.
- How can I get involved?
- Participation is the key and
getting involved helps make the difference.
- Being a member of the chamber
creates important connections that enables individuals and companies
to do and achieve more.
- How does the BTCC benefit my
- As the leading local advocate for
business, the chamber helps create a climate of growth and success
in which all companies - regardless of size or industry - can
- How can I use any of the
content of the BTCC Website, Documentation, Images or Photos?
- The name "Babylon Town Chamber of Commerce",
"BTCC", its logo
and its website and its social media pages along with their content are the property of the Chamber, and may not be used
without permission of the Board of Directors.
- What if I have other questions?
If you have further questions
please contact us directly at the information below.
Babylon Town Chamber of
P.O. Box 234
(631) 957-7700 Fax
(631) 871-6633 Cell
Adobe Acrobat Reader is
required to view the PDFs in this site.
Questions or problems
regarding this web site should be directed to the webmaster.
Copyright © Babylon Town Chamber of Commerce, Inc.. All rights reserved.
The names "Babylon Town Chamber of Commerce", "BTCC", its logo and its website
are the property of the Babylon Town Chamber of Commerce,
and may not be used without permission of the
Board of Directors.